Thursday, December 31, 2009

dear 2009, i didn't dodge all your bullets i just denied that they hit me

I've been growing up right before my very eyes. I've spent so much time swimming with the sharks; the only way to escape being to allow the waves to take me down, to drown me, the salty water filling my lungs. The end was always like a godsend, the salt water burning, healing my wounds. Well I no longer have time for such nonsense. I no longer have the energy to put myself in such predicaments. Things are changing. They have to.

2009
A lot of things changed, too many stayed the same. small number of new friends, large number of lessons learned. a lot of what i had set my mind on doing got done. overall, you weren't so bad to me. you did, however, stab me in the heart at just the moment when i thought i was going to make it out unscathed. thanks for that.

2010 resolutions
1. to try my damnedest to forget you ever existed. i mean that in the most loving way possible and the only reason i'm able to sleep at night is because i know you know that. it's been nearly 1 year and 13 months and i've learned so much in your absence.
2. find myself a good man (i don't care how stupid this sounds. i think it's time)
3. to not be living here by this time next year



[title credit: Flatsound]

No comments:

Post a Comment